Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Am I Nuts as has been suggested?

Entire Sistine Chapel Cross-Stitch

After doing a search on the internet for a cross stitch design, I came upon a design for the SistineChapel Ceiling in cross stitch by accident? or was it by accident? I had gone to Rome after my high school graduation in Spain and the Sistine Chapel Ceiling was one of the highlights of my trip 30 years ago.

I looked at this project as the stitch of a lifetime. The design will be 40 inches by 80 inches when completed. I figured I am 47 now and will be working on it for 10 - 20 years.

I decided to start stitching this design on the day my son, Thomas, started homeschooling for first grade.. I might be done by the time he is a senior..

Well... I started on September 15, 2008. I chose DMC floss, 28 count (28 stitches per lineal inch but I would stitch over two threads) Antique White Cashel linen from Ireland.

Off I go..

No comments: