Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Why I started over after 29 hours of stitching

Well on September 22nd. I was just not happy with my project. I knew deep down I should have stitched with Anchor Floss. I was having knot after knot with the DMC and it was fraying very quickly. I could only stitch with less than a foot in thread before it was frayed to pieces... This should not be happening.

I am a tight stitcher and I could see some of the background coming through so I decided right then after 29 hours of stitching, I was giving up and starting over.. yep... now you ask.. where do you find another piece of fabric that is at least 90 inches long and 55 inches wide... well.. I had recently bought the inventory of a closed needlework shop and much of the fabric was in my office. I walked right up to my office and the first piece I found was FLAX CASHEL in a 28 count and it was 94 inches long by 55 inches (Cashel comes in 55 inches so I don't have to serge the edges... yea)

I decided to go to my storage unit (after having to have the locks cut off because I lost the keys) and get the Anchor Floss and order what I didn't have from 123stitch. Even though I am a shop owner, many of the colors I would need would only be one skein and I can only order in boxes of 12 from my distributors. I decided to bag the floss in some heavy duty plastic bags I bought on eBay to use in my business (thanks Dave in Bountiful, Utah for the great price).

I wrote the Anchor Color number on the bag, then below it, I wrote the DMC color and how many skeins I would need for the project. 11 Hours later.... after ordering what I didn't have, I was ready to stitch...

No comments: