Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My New Sistine Chapel on Flax Linen


Here is where I am after seven hours of stitching..
the photos will get better. These were taken from my IPhone so I could get them up.

I love the lay of the floss (Anchor the best) and the fabric is perfect for the effect I wanted. Since the fabric will be all covered .. each stitch, you won't notice the fabric at all... If I decide I want a border arou.nd the design wit the framing. the flax will be nice because the color is a very soft ivory color.

The cost of the project.

The Book was 34.99 and 5.00 shipping
You can buy a color version for 69.99

I ended up buying the color download for 25.00 because I was having a tough time with figuring out symbols since some are the same in different areas.

You use 699 skeins of floss... Some places have DMC as low as a quarter. A good price on Anchor is 49 cents from 123stitch. Believe me, they are not making much on this as wholesale is around 39 to 40 cents each skein.

the fabric. Cashel Linen is about $62.00 a yard. We sell it for $54.99 a yard. We can get any color you want. You need at least 90 inches to be safe... that gives you five inches around the border.

Well, I have to go ship my eBay purchases.. so off I go

Cindy... loving this project.

No comments: